Powered By Blogger

19 de diciembre de 2013

Ryan Coleman Art

Ryan Coleman










Biography:
Ryan Coleman. I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida and graduated with a BFA in painting from the Atlanta College of Art in 2001. From 2003 until 2011, I lived in Brooklyn, NY, continuing to make work while working as an assistant to artist Jeff Koons. In March 2011, my wife and I returned to Atlanta, where I'm currently living and working.
My work combines elements of cel animation, nature and design to create obscured narratives and imagery. Using references from each, my aim is to create a playful boldness to the pieces while maintaining a contemplative sophistication. I'm interested in abstraction as a kind of language using line, color and brushwork to communicate emotion and mood. Sometimes recognizable imagery sneaks in, though I find a real contentment in leaving a discovery of narrative to the viewer.







1 comentario:

Rafael Humberto Lizarazo Goyeneche dijo...

Hermosas e impactantes obras, gracias por permitirnos verlas y conocer algo del autor.

Te deseo una feliz Navidad y un venturoso año nuevo.

Abrazos.