Powered By Blogger

4 de marzo de 2014

Artista Karina Llergo Salto







Biography:
Karina Llergo Salto.- I have always been mesmerized by the beauty of expression of the human body and arts. I was born and raised in Mexico City, where I earned a BGD, I was encouraged to continue the arts journey when I received the Excellence Award for 3 consecutive years in illustration and a scholarship for painting.
During my years in College I became fascinated by the powerful tool I was introduce, the computer, which led me to study a post degree in Multimedia, and later on in Animation.
After graduating top in my class, I worked in the launch of todays best Newspaper in Mexico City, Reforma, as Art Director. There I expanded my fascination working with manipulating images through computer programs, receiving The international Award of Excellence, Best Portafolio and Silver from The Society of Newspaper Design in 1995...//










...//In the earlier ‘2000s, after working at the advertising agency McCann-Erickson as Art Director for Coca-Cola, Revlon and Kimbery Clark, I began freelancing my own design and graphic company while also manipulating images and making art. In 2005, I took art classes with renown Mexican artist Roberto Cortazar and portraitists Enrique Estrada and was encouraged to enrolled in a post degree in abstract art. I began to expose my art and I was honored to be invited to do my 1st exhibit in one of the most beautiful venues in Mexico City, the historical Colegio de las Vizcainas.
In 2007, I moved to Chicago, IL ; still freelancing graphic design, I taught painting classes and worked in my art mainly by commissions. Three years later, I decided to fulfill my creative impulse painting; I have translated my knowledge of manipulating images into my art, I dare into breaking, lengthen and integrating bodies with nature elements. In my work I’m influenced by 3 elements that raises my pulse, breath and heartbeat: Dance, which has been the rhythm of my life, Water, that’s in my nature being for 10 years a competitive swimmer, and Air, that has made me venture into skydiving for the feeling that provoke in my being.










No hay comentarios.: