Powered By Blogger

14 de marzo de 2015

LACE COPELAND



















Biography:
I am Lance Copeland and I’m a post contemporary figurative oil painter living in Sacramento California. My collectors are diverse. They share in seeing the humanity in my artwork with all of its beauty and flaws. They seek the same layers of truth in art that I do. They want something of emotional beauty that they enjoy exploring.
I was born in a small town in Oregon. My father was a middle school art teacher and painted signs to make extra money. On weekends and in the summers I would help him pull the squeegee while we would screen print 4’ by 8’ sheets of plywood. Then I would carry these huge boards with all my might out into the backyard to dry. It was hard work but I wasn’t afraid of it. I knew that I wanted to make art, even back then, and I knew it would take hard work to get there. I would go to the library and check out art books and marvel at the old masters.


























No hay comentarios.: